Legacy Builder Gift

We would be honored to welcome you to the Legacy Builders.

Your generosity will help generations know the stability and security of homeownership in Central Florida. A gift to Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County through your will, trust, or beneficiary designation ensures that our partnership endures for years to come.
We’ll personally work with each Legacy Builder to establish their desired philanthropic goals. It’s a gift of immeasurable kindness and consequence, capable of helping countless individuals and families find comfort in a place they call home.

Please reach out to our Development department at VKleinova@HabitatOrlandoOsceola.org or (407) 440-6972 to learn more.

Women smiling  and hugging another woman in her brand new kitchen


In your will, you may decide to leave Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County:

  • A specific sum of money
  • A percentage of your estate
  • All or part of your residual estate, or what’s available after loved ones have been provided for

A gift in your will is a way to create a meaningful memorial that will help families avoid the indignity of poverty housing. Simply ask your attorney to include a bequest in your will to:

Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County
4116 Silver Star Road Orlando, FL 32808
Tax ID Number: 59-2789167

To help you get started on your plans and legacy, you can use FreeWill, an online tool that guides you through the process of creating a legally valid will or trust. It’s easy to use, accessible online, and can be completed in 20 minutes.

Minimum IRA Distribution after Age 70½

Are you required to take money you don’t need from your IRA accounts each year just to pay the taxes on it? If so, you can both help a deserving family purchase an affordable home and possibly ease your tax burden. Simply transfer the exact amount as your required IRA distribution to Habitat Orlando & Osceola and, if you itemize, you may be able to eliminate some or all of your tax liability on the transaction.

Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)

Supporters 70½ years old or older with a traditional IRA are eligible to make a tax-free donation (charitable rollover) to Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County directly from their IRAs. These gifts are tax-free, regardless of whether or not you itemize deductions on your tax return.

You can use our online tool to make your tax-free donation online, print out the forms you need to complete the gift offline, or learn more about the benefits of giving from your IRA.

Man wearing polka dot shirt taking a photo on his phone of orange paper with wording on it

Stock Gifts

Many donors prefer to make gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or exchange traded funds because it can have a large impact on our mission, while maximizing potential tax benefits by avoiding capital gains tax.

If you would like to transfer your appreciated stocks online, you can use our online tool to walk you through the process in less than 5 minutes.

Gift Annuities

A gift annuity – whether funded with cash or stock – provides a handsome cash flow and a variety of benefits. If you transfer your stock to the gift annuity, you can significantly reduce the capital gain, as well as spread the rest of it out over a number of years. Additionally, any balance remaining after your passing will be used to help build a home for a Habitat Orlando & Osceola family.

Man wearing polka dot shirt taking a photo on his phone of orange paper with wording on it

Life Insurance Policies

Many families own life insurance policies that have outlived their original purpose and can also trigger estate taxes if not treated with care. For many of our Legacy Giving supporters, these unnecessary policies have been used to build a new life for a Habitat Orlando & Osceola family.

In addition, a new life insurance policy can be used to realize the dream of making a large, impactful donation to Habitat Orlando & Osceola.

This information is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.